Monday, May 10, 2010

Hospitality Houses

Something that may help your "Triangle" efforts would be a hospitality house on the lake. If we could find someone on the lake who is connected with the Y or even one with GOPC, then that person could set up their house as a stopping place. I WAS THINKING SOMETHING ALONG THESE SAME LINES -- just not to the detail. I LOVE IT! By the way, I'm already running one at 2767 Waccamaw Shores Road....little does my Granddaddy know. :O) Might have to haul his camper back, too, for the weekend (little does my husband know -- oh boy he'd kill me. Don't want to cause trouble here... :) ) Don't know if I've discussed this with you, but here are thoughts on
The TTL Hosp. House Concept:
- Much like what you see at major golf tournaments, in a way.
- Out front, they would have "cheer" posters supporting the walkers and cyclists.
- They would have a table with water and whatever for participants.
- Hang the company / Organization banners out front.
- Out back, they could have a cookout for their employees, groups, etc. or campout ? :O)
- Their people would now have a central place to be, and hang out, and maybe even crash, (tents in the backyard, ha! on the beach? On the pier? always been my dream -- they can have my bed! In the boat?)
- I would like to see this take on a life of its own, and it could be a major attraction of TTL
- It would mostly be for the Sat. AM walk and the Sun PM cycle. (Maybe for the paddle, and somewhat for the swim.)
- It's a long shot to find someone connected to the Y or GOPC, but A: Plenty of Triangle people have houses here, and B: Rental units available! Brownie Cook would love me. :O) I'll talk to him. Would be great to talk the Y into renting a house for training week(s), too. There might be $$ for it.
- I think these are what may keep people coming back year after year. NSCU swim team used to swim...until the years gators started showing up. That wasn't the reason, but it was parallel. Didn't know that was why they quit - chickens! Let's bring them back.
- Possible groups (outside the county)
- UNC Alumni
- NC State Alumni
- Duke, Wake Forest, etc.
- State Museum system

No comments: