Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two weeks out...


There's only about two weeks left to get in shape -- I'm doing my part by watching the athletes in the Olympics, on my couch, milkshake and Oreos ready...

I just want to say that I'm very excited about this project and how everybody is coming together to support it. Julie Stocks says the swim group is pleased to have other groups on the lake that weekend, and Grant Egley with the walkers is enthused, too. I have heard talk of another group considering taking over organization of the paddle - wow!

I've been trying to make these events fit into everybody's schedules and that just won't work easily. Remember, this year, it's all about just getting out there and trying out the events to see how they will work, and we don't necessarily need to do them together (except for the swim.)

If you can't paddle with us on Friday afternoon, walk with us on Saturday morning or bike with us on Sunday, then go when you can. If that weekend is totally out for you, then go the weekend before or after the event - whenever. Just keep in touch so you can give us feedback.

After the events ( September 9th?) we should all get together for a postmortem / planning session so we can make this an exciting, healthful and popular event in the coming years!

I have printed several hundred helpful little cards that you can hand out to people interested in this event. Call me or stop by my office (at The News Reporter) to pick some up.

Yours, at 90 LDL and 45 HDL

Mark Gilchrist

No comments: